Sunday, February 18, 2007

Conviction of character

Plagued by insomnia again. Thoughts of those around me. Last night I was having trouble articulating my feelings, but I think it is becoming more clear to me.

I am frustrated by the changes in personality people take on in certain settings. Losing track of the things or people in life that matter to play games with others. Losing track of their self and behaving in self-destructive ways. Lastly, leaving people closest to them feeling disrespected. With a final result of disrespecting ourselves to obtain some immediate need may impact the situation or feelings of individuals most committed to us. The most committed people being the ones that love us for who we are minus all our bullshit and want things that will make us genuinely happier people. Those that push and motivate us to develop our true potential to become truly comfortable with who we are and learn to love ourselves.

1 comment:

Tish said...

So sorry about the things going on that are causing you stress and insomnia!

Brico did something a while back that made me feel very disrespected. Just the fact that I confronted him on it and told him how it made me feel helped the situation tremendously. You see, in his eyes, he hadn't done anything wrong.

If you haven't already done so, confront the people who have made you feel this way. Talking about it will make you feel so much better!