Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Truth?

So I was remembered the play "the children's hour" this evening. It had such an impact on me that I begin to wonder about the particular topic of lies or the act of lying. The destructiveness of lies.



I have witnessed those close to me telling me things that I knew were untrue and yet I chose to not call them on it because it was typically something minor. The part that mystified me the most is to lie about ridiculous things. Maybe I also did not say anything because I knew that person was not ready to deal with that info either. Doesn't the person telling the lie consider the fact that the other party may see through it? Maybe that is a rhetorical question, but it often makes me wonder. My mother chronically lied and recreated the past. There is a trigger in this for me. Deception and secretiveness leave me with a bad feeling inside my stomach. I am attempting to play it straight with others now, not necessarily perfect, but trying. All just makes me so uncomfortable inside.

Unfortunately, I am finding that some I have known are putting on a face and providing words to me that contradict their behavior. There is a particular person that I very recently was very direct with regarding an uncomfortable situation between us. Their emotional demands and need for attention of those around them can also be burdensome. Yet I found myself attempting to be very compassionate toward them due to their lack of life experience. In other words, I wanted to help this person get a glimmer of why certain behavior may not be good idea for reasons and advised them that if they ever found themselves in bad or scary situation to call me. I absolutely meant it too. I remember being single/partying and not always feeling like there was someone to call at tough moments. I felt like we arrived in a pretty good place with each other after talking, but I am sensing and witnessing actions that contradict their interest in friendship with me. My intuition is leaving me with a feeling that this person is in a deceptive stage of their life and that I will need to be very careful with them.

It is a little unnerving inside me right now. Hopefully, time will provide me with answers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Came by to wish you Cheers and a very Happy Thanksgiving!