Saturday, January 27, 2007

here i sit.

Just a teensy little update.

I am continuing to plug away in my chemistry class and have my first test in February. Much work ahead of me yet, but it can be done.

The bathroom in house has some minor work remaining on it, but I think that could be completed next week. I need to find a nice shade of almond/light brown for trim and doorways. It should go well with the dark sage green on walls. The sink and toilet look fabulous, though!

Pictures need to go up on walls too! Paint color choices for living room are still being discussed and negotiated with interested parties as well!

Cleaning the backyard in another pending project. Fortunately, the weather is improving and see it being handled sometime soon. Fixing fence and gate is first priority, but some trees would be really great. I love the weeping willow and bamboo in backyard, but a few more trees would look fabulous!

Regardless, of how overwhelming it might seem to handle all these tasks on house and need for money to do it all, I still love this little old house. It means a lot to me and I want to continue working on it and making it a home. It is funny how a house can represent so much more to us. I know it is just a thing and could be lost at any given moment, but I will do whatever is necessary within my power to keep it.

There is also someone that I have chose to share it with and I think it may be starting to matter to them as well. It is all in my entry "yours, mine & ours." It is never easy to bring another person into certain areas of our lives because there is a lot of trust involved in the act. Yet, we need to learn to trust and sometimes it requires a physical action to do so. Risky as all hell, but I know in my heart it is the best way to heal some damage from past. The healing process just isn't that smooth, at moments. See what I mean when I say the house symbolizes much to me. Not simple at all.

I realize that I could choose to remain very private about my life, but there is nothing that I reveal in my blogs that I feel the need to be secretive about. Quite frankly, cannot handle secretive behavior very well anymore. I have had my share of them and it has always hurt me in past. Therefore, I am done with it. Who I am does not need to be hidden so much anymore to the world. Those who know me personally may share a different opinion, but in all honesty, I have never lied about who I am or the things in life that truly matter to me. Just held back certain parts of myself when I feel uncertain regarding others intentions. Simply practical in life, y'know.

Yesterday, was the birthday of a close friend of mine. We ate food, cake (we even sang to her and she was not fond of it!) and sang karaoke songs into the wee hours of the night. I think she had a good time and that makes me feel good to know that because she has been through much in past year.

I think this may be a good spot to wrap this up. Watching "Six Feet Under" (loved the show) and my new favorite is "Dirt". Seems rather clever. Most important task of day is to study. Must not let that get by me. Procrastinate now! Just kidding.

2 comments:

Tish said...

Good luck on the upcoming chemistry exam!

I'm glad that things are going well in your life, and I'm glad that you don't feel the necessity to be private about your life. We love to read about what's going on!

Have a great night! And thanks for your nice comments today! :)

airplanejayne said...

...but you misssed Rona and I singing Paradise by the Dashboard Light!!!!